Monday, June 16, 2003

Testing

Hi.

I'm in Malta.

I had to say it like that because reporting this news reminds me of that scene in Wayne's World where Wayne and Garth are playing with the blue screen: "Hi..I'm in New York. I've got a gun, let's go to a Broadway show." Then they're in Texas and I think Hawaii and, all of a sudden, Delaware. And Wayne says, "Hi. I'm in Delware."

Now, I'm not saying it reminds me of that because Malta is boring or anything (quite the contrary--it's amazing), but just because who knows anything about Malta? Really, I mean, I didn't know anything about it before...Maltese falcon? Maltese is a kind of dog? What else? I was talking to somebody here who used to play on Malta's national futbol team, and he said that when the team was playing in New York, the chant that the U.S. fans liked was "Where the hell is Malta?!"

Anyway, I'll get back to Malta later...first, some back-tracking.

I'm going to post this first, though, just to be safe.