Monday, July 15, 2002

I have a new person to love!!!!!!

My best friend Nicole just had her baby, and life looks more beautiful than ever. A tiny little girl, 6 pounds and 3 ounces...I can't WAIT to meet her!!! It was funny, I mean, I've never been in this situation before - where somebody I've known since adolesence makes that huge leap into the next phase of life, and I didn't know how it would affect my outlook. I heard somebody at work the other day saying that having a baby makes you look at EVERYthing differently and I imagine that's true, cuz this baby isn't even mine and I feel that way.

When I talked to Nicole I couldn't help it, I started crying because I felt joy and amazement and admiration and excitement all at the same time. I just still can't get over the fact that her and Raul made an ALL NEW PERSON!!!!! I know I mentioned this in an earlier journal, but I feel like I can't say it enough or articulately enough to really express how I feel about the whole thing. My best friend......a Mom....the most important job in all the world (next to being a Dad, of course). I already love the little tyke and I have yet to see a picture. I could hear her making little baby sounds in the background while we were talking. Apparently she was asleep but was just sending out little signals or yawning or something, I don't know but it was cute.

As I was driving to work the night that I found out about the baby, I was still in a state of awe. Listening to Van Morrison's "Moondance" CD just brought out the intensity of emotions..."She give me love, love, love, love, crazy love." I was thinking of the song in reference to my new honorary niece. I know kids do that for their parents (and all the people that love them, actually). They just really know about love and unbridled joy and wonder and telling people what you really think and saying stuff that makes you laugh so hard when they're not even trying to be funny. Crazy love. I want to send out my sincerest congratulations to the new parents!!!!!! Auntie Kisa can't wait to spoil her rotten!!!!! :)

No comments: